Monday, May 18, 2009

One for the Road...

Hi everyone.

I find myself teetering on the brink. My final hours, or rather, hour, in Lynchburg is upon me, and the view from the Hilton Garden Inn, Room 428, is a rather melancholy one. Maybe that's just my mood.

My brother, Lewis, and my sister, Jessica, and my sister's fiancee came down this weekend to help me move out. Everything is now loaded in the U-Haul, ready to trek back northward. We went to see Angels & Demons on Saturday night, after having dinner at Rivermont Pizza. I haven't made up my mind about the movie yet, but when I do, I'm sure you'll hear about it.

But a curious thing happened whilst we dined at Rivermont, and I'm debating on whether I should blog about it here. I think it may be an entry that should be saved for a more personal space, such as my hand-written journal (just another way that I am behind the times, Bill. How Archaic of me, no? I didn't even us Mapquest to plan my route home). Anyway, tangents aside, let's just say that while I was eating my pizza at Rivermont Pizza, I saw a girl, and I was completely and utterly spellbound. I've never seen her before, but she has gripped my thoughts for the last two days with fascination. Alas, that such an event would occur when I am moving away. That seems to be the way the universe works. I give myself up to its madness.

That was not the only "Two ships passing in the night" moment that I had this weekend. But again, perhaps some things are better left unblogged. (In my head, that last word is pronounced unblogg-ed, like wretched). I'm in an Olde English mood, I suppose.

Lastly, something I got a kick out while I was wandering around Target last night was this: In the front of the store as you walk in, they have these bargain racks that you can find some treasures in if you look. And there on the shelf was a tiny wind-up robot, no bigger than my thumb. The part that I found hilarious was the fact that this tiny little mechanical beast had the word "DESTROYER" stamped across its chest. I chuckled to myself. I also found it somewhat appropriate, as it is a law of the universe that the smallest things can often be the most destructive. I am kicking myself for not having bought it right then and there. I might try to drop by and grab it, if there is time before we roll out.

This post is already longer than I had expected, so I will sign off now. Godspeed, world, intrepid readers, and all others who I will not see for at least several weeks. You are already missed. When next we meet, may it be on the sandy shores of the Atlantic . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers