Thursday, June 3, 2010

Top Ten Thoughts O' The Day (6-3-10)

10. This whole perfect game/blown call thing is very unfortunate. I actually feel worse for Jim Joyce than I do for Galarraga. Everyone knows Galarraga threw a perfect game, and there is speculation that there will be something done about it (I don't know how realistic that is). The same holds true for Jim Joyce, unfortunately: EVERYONE KNOWS Galarraga threw a perfect game. It's one of those things that scar an entire career in a split second. And let's face it, the man is human. And while it sucks that the call is made, I feel for Joyce. And as much as Galarraga was a class act about it, so was Joyce. He reviewed the tape himself and realized his own mistake and apologized for it, and he is agonized over it. He handled it like a class act, as well. Galarraga got a corvette from his team to make up for it. Joyce made an honest mistake and, unfortunately, it's one that probably won't ever be lived down.

9. Fringe. Nuff said.

8. I need an acoustic guitar somethin' fierce. I have two electrics, both of which I enjoy very much. But an acoustic would be very useful right now. Many things I've been writing would be better suited to an acoustic. If there are any millionaires out there who would like to sponsor my writing/music/artwork, please contact me.

7. I've gathered you here to say my last piece/A few final words before I am deceased/If I could have your attention, observe this fuse/It leads to these explosives that I'm about to use/Before you freak out, just let me explain/This bomb is the answer to all of my pain/When the spark reaches powder, I will blow up/I'll become a mist you breathe into your lungs/Then all of my love will then turn into yours/And you will feel hope bleeding out from your pores
-"Appreciation and the Bomb" -The Spill Canvas

6. Me: "I need a vacation."
Ashley: "I need a week at the beach."
Me: "Yeah, me too."
Ashley: "There's something about the beach. The ocean, the waves, the sand, the sunlight, that heals your soul."
Amen, sister.

5. I would also very much like a motorcycle. Maybe once I get some of this debt cleared up.

4. I would also very much like to get my tattoos.

3. I would very much like to move to the city. Like, right now. I want city lights late at night. I want the streets. I want the crowds and the buildings. I want a life there. It would be nice if I could do it with my friends, like Ted and Lily and Marshall did. That would make it a heck of a lot easier. Guaranteed roommates. All we would have to do is find our MacLaren's. Speaking of which, Bill Monthie wrote a blog that you should read. You can find it here.

2. Traveling makes me feel alive. It always has. I just want to make enough money from music and writing to let me do that. I want to wake up in a new place every day. I want to play music for a roomful of people that appreciate music. I want to meet people who have read my writing, and talk with them about anything and everything. I want to meet strangers. I want to be on my own without any ties for awhile. I want freedom. I want my group of friends. I want have a hangout spot. I want to go down to "our same old bar, sit in our regular booth, and order the usual." Seemingly contradictory thoughts. Oh well.

1. The road gets into a guy. -John Steinbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers