Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pick of the day: .moneen. - The World I Want to Leave Behind


I discovered .moneen. while I was in college, and I remember liking them; but I think there's a phenomena that occurs for music lovers, wherein you're simply not ready to hear a certain band, or record, or song, because you haven't fully travelled down that specific path long enough to be prepared. And if you were to listen to that band, or record, or song before that time, you wouldn't like it. If this has happened to you, you know exactly what I mean. .moneen. is one of those bands for me. I listened to The World I Want to Leave Behind a few weeks ago, and it left me asking myself the question, "How can something I've never heard before make me feel nostalgic?" This record sounds like my late high school/early college days, even though it was released in 2009. If you like Jimmy Eat World, Cartel, or The Juliana Theory, do yourself a favor and listen to this record, particularly "The World I Want to Leave Behind", "Hold That Sound", and "The Glass House".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers