Saturday, September 12, 2009

THE BANQUET

Rumors went out through the streets of the city
Of a banquet set by the King
My brothers and I, were the first ones in line
So we wouldn’t miss a thing

They opened the gates of pearl and gold
And at the table we took our seats
Then the King entered and in his presence
We all began to eat

When the meal was over, the King raised a glass
And he gave a toast to the night
Then my blood ran cold and shivered my soul
As he leveled me in his sight

The King passed the cup round the table and said,
“Welcome, friends, all, to my home.
Though the moon becomes high and night becomes late,
I must tell you a tale ‘fore you go.”

Then he told us a story of deceit and betrayal
And a shudder swept through the room
But before we could ask, “My Lord, is it I?”
He said, “The traitor lies among you.”

Then all of us there began turning our heads
And looked round the room to see
But when my turn came to drink from the cup
I realized the traitor was me

Tears streamed down my face and I hung my head
Then I felt the good King draw near
He kneeled before me and wrapped me in His arms
And he whispered this in my ear:

“My child, my son, wipe clear your eyes
Weep no longer for your soul
I set this meal and invited you here
My son, you were forgiven long ago.”

1 comment:

  1. wow. You're so talented. This week I heard a preacher compare the talents that God's given us to the stones that David used against Goliath. I do believe you have one mighty rock at your disposal.

    ReplyDelete

Followers